Monday 14 January 2013

Dangerous Mountain Motorbike Rides


I have put together some of my favourite trail bike videos from You Tube. These guys are fearless. They risk their lives on precipices and mountain peaks. Wish I could ride like that!


Narrow mountain ridge through the snow. This looks frighteningly amazing, although I think he has spiked tyres on the bike. Nowhere to put your foot down if you are forced to stop…no options if you have a problem…no choice but to just keep going…or get ready to pay your respects to eternity!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhhQ4z-AL1w

Riding the rocky lip of the precipice – truly inches away from death! One of the inspirations for the mountain chase scenes in my eco-thriller Wounded Mountain.


Death defying! Dropping into the canyon, scrambling up along the far side and skimming the ledge, before dropping down again for the return. Another inspiration.


Riding the narrow widow maker ridge. This guy takes it slow, you can hear him thinking. Then he drops it!


A more sedate (!) ride around the White Rim Trail, Moab – dual-sport joy! - more my style...

No comments:

Post a Comment